Friday, December 13, 2019

The first Dear Gretchen,

3/23/some year past

I started this book for you in January. I was going to fill it with words of wisdom to see you through, the strands of hair I leave behind. You called last night; your friend lost her father. It scared you. I wish; I've wished that I could protect you againist death, but I can't, yours, mine, or his. I would be stealing part of living. It would not be fair.

I love you and should the unforseen happen; this is closure. You were always a pleasure often a challenge. When you were little and wore boots, because you wanted control, you celebrated your self. Then as you grew you got tough on yourself. I don't know why..
Remember you still have the magic, reach inside those boots and pull it out.

to be continued...after Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment